What is Mosaic Art?
Mosaic is the art of creating images with an assemblage of small pieces of marble, stone, or other materials. It may be a technique of decorative art, an aspect of interior decoration, or of cultural and spiritual significance.
Small pieces, regular and irregular, made of stone and marble of different colors, known as tesserae, are used to create a pattern or picture. They are applied to a surface, frequently a wall or floor, which has been prepared with mortar or adhesive to receive the design.
Like each decorative medium, mosaic has qualities unique to itself, which lends it particular suitability to certain decorative functions.
- A Brief History of Mosaic Art
- Benefits & Uses of Mosaic Art
- Hand-Cut Mosaic
- Mosaic Adds Value to Your Space
- Mosaic Colors & Compositions
- Mosaic Durability
- Mosaic Installation: A Comprehensive Guide
- Mosaic vs. Weather
- Origins of Marble Mosaics
- The Essential Guide to Great Mosaics
- The Mosaics of Petra
- What is Mosaic Art?
- Where Can Mosaic Be Installed?